Best Lawyer for DUI Phoenix Arizona
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs has gained attention in recent year. To defend against those charges requires a great lawyer in the Phoenix metro area. All of the attention is due to several causes. First, public information campaigns have been launched by many local and national agencies. Second, several instances have occurred in which high-profile individuals or young vehicle occupants were injured and killed. There are reports that arrests are on the decline in Arizona. Enforcement of AZ State DUI laws remains tough, though. Even a first-time conviction can result in serious fines and mandatory jail time.
For this reason, you must be proactive and aggressive in responding when facing a driving under the influence charge. Although difficult, it is possible to beat it. However, you should really hire an experienced, superior counsel to help. Going about defending yourself is really not a good idea. If you think you might be able to beat it and save the money, you will probably not be pleased with the results because the chances are very high that you will not be successful. Here is why: you don’t know the laws nor do you have the courtroom experience.
To make matters worse, you could actually get yourself into a ton of legal trouble. Be smart about this for yourself. Ulises Ferragut as a Phoenix Arizona defense lawyer has defended over 100 Arizona drivers charged with DUI-related offenses. Contact him immediately following being charged. He will do everything possible to preserve your freedom and driving privileges. He accepts calls any hour of the day any day of the week!
Let Mr. Ferragut show you he is the best lawyer to defend against DUI charges that Phoenix Arizona can offer. He is known for his tough courtroom behavior and caring attitude toward his clients. He will do everything he can within the law to help you win your case.
Here are the Arizona Statutes regarding DUI and drunk driving for your reference.
Learn About Driving Under the Influence-Related Offenses in Arizona
Driving under the influence is prohibited by Arizona laws. A majority of drivers charged this offense are alleged to be under the influence of alcohol. The truth is there are a variety of substances that can render a person “DUI.” You can be found guilty if you are:
- Impaired in any manner or to any degree by any combination of things. This includes alcohol, liquor, drugs, or vapor-releasing substances.
- Found to have a breath or blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more. This occurs within 2 hours of the time you were last seen driving.
- Operating a truck or other commercial motor vehicle and have an breath or blood alcohol concentration of 0.04 or greater.
- Under 21 years old and have any “spirituous liquor” in your body.
- Found with an illegal drug or metabolite an illegal drug in your body.
There are additional facts which can result in enhanced penalties. For example, you can expect to pay a higher fine and be subject to more serious jail / prison sentences if any of the following apply to you:
- Your alcohol concentration is over 0.15 but less than 0.20 (called an “extreme DUI” offense).
- Your alcohol concentration is over 0.20 (called a “super extreme DUI” offense).
- You have previous convictions for driving under the influence offenses.
- You were DUI while your license was suspended because of the same offense.
- You had children under the age of 15 in the car while you were DWI.
How could a police officer know if may be guilty of this offense? The most telling trait would be if you were in an accident. When the police officer arrives on-scene, he or she will perform a sobriety check. If you act like you may have been drinking or under the influence of drugs, he or she will definitely begin a field sobriety test. Another way a police officer can tell would be during a routine traffic stop. Again, if he or she detects any possibility of inebriation, they will perform a field sobriety test.
A third way of a police officer detecting possible driving while intoxicated is by someone driving erratically. This could include swerving off to the side of the road. Or they may not be able to maintain your vehicle in the lane properly. Have you been caught driving under the influence? You will need the toughest, most experienced, and top rated DUI lawyer Phoenix has to offer.
If there is any possibility that you could be driving UI we strongly recommend that you find someone to take you home. Ask a relative or a friend, or hail a cab or Uber/Lyft. The small amount money you spend will be smart money, especially in comparison to receiving hefty fines, jail time, or even seriously hurting another person or yourself.
Penalties for an Arizona Offense of DWI
Potential penalties depend on how many convictions you have within the previous seven years. Of even greater importance can be whether any aggravating factors were present. These penalties include fines, mandatory imprisonment, driver’s license suspension, and other costs and fees. Expect to receive:
- First offense (30 day to 1 year license revocation).
- Standard DUI: 24 hours to 10 days in jail, $250 minimum fine.
- Extreme: 30 to 90 days (consecutive) in jail, $250 minimum fine.
- Super Extreme: 45 to 90 days (consecutive) in jail, $500 minimum fine.
- Second offense (1 year license revocation).
- Standard: 10 to 90 days in jail, $500 minimum fine.
- Extreme: 120 days in jail (60 days must be served consecutively), $500 minimum fine.
- Super Extreme: 180 days in jail (90 days must be served consecutively), $1,000 minimum fine.
- Third offense.
- 3 year driver’s license revocation.
- Four to 45 months in prison.
- Minimum fine of $750
You need a competent and skilled attorney to help you avoid jail time and hefty fines. You want the best defense lawyer Phoenix Arizona has to offer to help you with any type of DUI charge.
DUI Defense Lawyer Phoenix Arizona
DUI offenses are difficult to defend against. A top rated lawyer in Phoenix such as Mr. Ferragut offers can exploit any and all weaknesses in the government’s case against you. This can result in your charges being reduced or even dismissed. Ulises Ferragut and his legal team have been extremely successful in helping over 100 people defend AND WIN against their alleged crimes of DWI in Arizona. The Ferragut Law Firm team stands ready to help you today. Contact the tough, experienced, successful, reasonably priced and ultimately top rated DUI lawyer Phoenix Arizona offers at 602-324-5300 or 602-370-4597 at night and on weekends.
Need to see what else we help with? Take a look at our other practice areas.