Top Rated Sex Crime Lawyer Casa Grande Arizona
Innocent until proven guilty. That is one of our nation’s most cherished and longstanding rights. However, those facing sex-related criminal charges may find that their friends are few. Their spouse and children may turn on them or abandon them. Even worse, public opinion may have turned against them as well. This is even before any evidence has been released to the public. These reactions are multiplied and amplified if the alleged victim is a minor child. Whenever someone is charged with a sex-related offense, they face an uphill battle in defending themselves. It is not an easy road!
Simply saying that you did not commit the act is just not a sufficient defense against sex crime charges. You need a top rated sex crime lawyer Casa Grande Arizona. The attorney can evaluate the government’s evidence. Then he can develop a winning strategy to defend you and your good name. The Ferragut Law Firm has a great reputation for successfully defending citizens charged with serious felony offenses. Especially those who need that top rated sex crime lawyer Casa Grande Arizona. Contact us at 602-324-5300 right away. We are available anytime. We will explain how we can provide superior legal defense for you against any sex crime charge in Arizona.
Types of Sex Offenses in Arizona
Those convicted of sexual offenses in Arizona are severely penalized with long prison sentences. Once released from prison, you can expect to be supervised for a period of time. You may even need to register as a sexual offender for the rest of your life. This can severely impact your life and livelihood. It can also affect your ability to get a job or continue your career.
Some common sex-related offenses in Arizona include:
- Indecent exposure. This offense requires proof that you exposed your genitals, anus, and/or breasts to another person. That other person could have been alarmed or offended. If the victim of this offense was 15 years of age or over, you are facing a prison sentence. If the victim is younger, this offense is a felony and carries a presumptive prison sentence of one year at the minimum.
- Public sexual indecency. Public sexual indecency alleges that you committed an act of sexual contact, sexual intercourse or oral sex, or an act of bestiality in the presence of a victim. The “victim” need not be the person upon whom these acts are committed. Instead, the victim need only be in your presence when these actions are committed. They also need to have been alarmed or offended by the act.
- Sexual abuse. Sexual contact with a person over the age of 15 without that person’s consent is sexual abuse. Sexual contact with the breast of a victim under the age of 15 is also sexual abuse. The presumptive prison sentence for this offense can range from 18 months to 42 months depending on the age of the victim.
- Sexual assault. Sexual assault is sometimes referred to as rape and involves having sexual intercourse or oral sex with another person without that person’s consent. A first offense can be punished by a presumptive sentence of 7 years; additional convictions can raise this presumption to nearly 16 years in prison.
- Sexual Conduct with a Minor and Child Molestation. When adult engages in sexual conduct with a minor, the adult can be charged with a crime. This can occur even if the minor consented. Depending on the nature of the sexual conduct, the penalties can be severe. This includes prison and/or lifetime probation and registration as a sex-offender.
What To Do After Being Charged with a Sex Offense
If you, a family member or friend have been charged, you will need a top rated sex crime lawyer Casa Grande Arizona. It is urgent that you take immediate action in order to protect your rights. Immediate action increases your chances of a successful outcome. Do not talk with the police or make statements to others until you have spoken with your criminal defense attorney. Your statements can come back to haunt you. This can occur even if you have the best intentions. You cannot know all of the implications that your statements can have.
Think carefully about the dates the police are alleging you committed the acts and make a note of what you were doing and who can verify these details. Your lawyer may also be able to argue several affirmative defenses depending on the facts of your case.
Arizona sex crime defense lawyer Ulises A. Ferragut, Jr. is highly experienced in helping those charged with any serious sex crime Casa Grande Arizona. He will do everything possible to help you defend yourself and your good name. He will carefully evaluate your situation. He will then develop a strategy that could discredit the government’s evidence as quickly as possible. Call The Ferragut Law Firm today at 602-324-5300 at any time. We are standing by to help you now!