Top Rated Sex Crime Lawyer Scottsdale Arizona
Charged With a Sex Crime in Scottsdale?
Let Ferragut Law Firm Help Keep You Free*
- Preserve Your Freedom
- Get Your Life Back in Order
- Reasonable Fees
Call 602-324-5300 today to get a free initial consultation.
sex crime lawyer Arizona
sex crimes lawyer Phoenix
Scottsdale sex crimes lawyer
Scottsdale sex crimes lawyers
Scottsdale sex crimes defense lawyer
Some Types of Scottsdale Sex Crimes Charges and Violations
Child Molestation – Sexual Conduct With a Minor – Sexual Exploitation of a Minor
Child Molestation in Arizona in just a few words is knowingly engaging in any form of sexual conduct with a minor under the age of 15 except for the female breasts.
Sexual Conduct With a Minor – A person commits sexual conduct with a minor by intentionally or knowingly engaging in sexual intercourse or oral sexual contact with any person who is under eighteen years of age.
Sexual Exploitation of a Minor – essentially recording of any sort of sexual conduct involving any minor and/or distribution of such recordings. See this link for specifics of the sexual exploitation laws in Arizona.
Sex abuse in Scottsdale Arizona is engaging in sexual contact (knowingly or intentionally such as on-purpose) with a person fifteen years of age or older without that person’s consent, or if involving the female breast, with any person who is under fifteen years old at the time of the abuse.
Scottsdale AZ Sexual Misconduct occurs when a health care professional such as a psychologist or psychiatrist has sexual intercourse with their patient during the time the patient is in their care. It also occurs when a person is employed by or affiliated with a correctional facility (even as a visitor) and sexual contact occurs with an inmate – this law is meant for any state jail or prison or correctional facility. This law does not apply to married couples.
Indecent Exposure Scottsdale AZ is when a person knowingly exposes his or her genitals or anus, or her breasts, in front of another person in a “reckless” manner where the other person would be offended.
Scottsdale Sexual Luring of a Minor is knowing or having reason to know the other person is a minor and offering or soliciting sexual conduct. It’s not a defense to discover the other person really isn’t a minor.
Get a Scottsdale AZ Sex Crimes Attorney
Serious sex crimes charges can be overwhelming to deal with. Even if you’re innocent, you can still be charged if someone accuses you. You’ll want to consider retaining a top rated sex crimes lawyer Scottsdale AZ to help defend your charges. After you’ve been charged, you’ll go to an arraignment where you will make a plead of guilty or innocent. If you say the wrong things, especially without an attorney present to help you, your situation might get much worse.
If you plead guilty, you will certainly suffer legal consequences. If you plead not guilty, you’ll need to go through further legal proceedings to determine your guilt or innocence. If you’re found guilty, the fines and other legal and personal punishments will be steep – many thousands of dollars plus time in jail or prison. You could be labelled a sex offender for the rest of your life. You wouldn’t be able to move anywhere without the public knowing who you are and what you did. You wouldn’t be able to get a job without everyone knowing, too.
Are you innocent? If you didn’t commit the act, simply saying that is not a sufficient defense against serious sex crime charges. You really need to retain the best Scottsdale sex crimes lawyer to give you the strongest defense case possible. Your attorney can evaluate the government’s evidence and develop a winning strategy to defend you and your good name. The Ferragut Law Firm has a great reputation for successfully defending citizens charged with serious felony offenses.
Types of Sex Offenses in Arizona
Those convicted of sexual offenses in Arizona are severely penalized with long prison sentences. Once released from prison, you can expect to be supervised for a period of time. You may even need to register as a sexual offender for the rest of your life. This can severely impact your life and livelihood. It can also affect your ability to get a job or continue your career.
Some common sex-related offenses in Arizona include:
- Indecent exposure. This offense requires proof that you exposed your genitals, anus, and/or breasts to another person. That other person could have been alarmed or offended. If the victim of this offense was 15 years of age or over, you are facing a prison sentence. If the victim is younger, this offense is a felony and carries a presumptive prison sentence of one year at the minimum.
- Public sexual indecency. Public sexual indecency alleges that you committed an act of sexual contact, sexual intercourse or oral sex, or an act of bestiality in the presence of a victim. The “victim” need not be the person upon whom these acts are committed. Instead, the victim need only be in your presence when these actions are committed. They also need to have been alarmed or offended by the act.
- Sexual abuse. Sexual contact with a person over the age of 15 without that person’s consent is sexual abuse. Sexual contact with the breast of a victim under the age of 15 is also sexual abuse. The presumptive prison sentence for this offense can range from 18 months to 42 months depending on the age of the victim.
- Sexual assault. Sexual assault is sometimes referred to as rape and involves having sexual intercourse or oral sex with another person without that person’s consent. A first offense can be punished by a presumptive sentence of 7 years; additional convictions can raise this presumption to nearly 16 years in prison.
- Sexual Conduct with a Minor and Child Molestation. When adult engages in sexual conduct with a minor, the adult can be charged with a crime. This can occur even if the minor consented. Depending on the nature of the sexual conduct, the penalties can be severe. This includes prison and/or lifetime probation and registration as a sex-offender.
What To Do After Being Charged with a Sex Offense
If you, a family member or friend have been charged and you want the strongest defense possible to give you the best chances of staying free, you’ll need a top rated sex crime lawyer Scottsdale Arizona. It is urgent that you take immediate action in order to protect your rights because waiting to take action greatly decreases your chances of a successful outcome.
Don’t talk with the police or make statements to others until you have spoken with your sex crime defense attorney. Your statements can come back to haunt you. This can occur even if you have the best intentions. You can’t know all of the implications that your statements could have without legal input.
Think carefully about the dates the police are alleging you committed the acts and make notes about everything regarding your case, including what you were doing and who can verify these details. Based on the information you provide, your lawyer may also be able to argue several affirmative sex crime defenses, depending on the facts of your case.
Arizona sex crime defense lawyer Ulises A. Ferragut, Jr. is highly experienced in helping those charged with all serious sex crimes in Scottsdale Arizona. He will do everything possible to help you defend yourself and your good name. He’ll spend the time to carefully evaluate your situation and work to develop a strategy that could discredit the government’s case against you in court.
Ready to set up your strongest defense? Call today to set up a free consultation where Mr. Ferragut can explain to you how we can provide a superior legal defense against your sex crime charge in the city of Scottsdale, Arizona. Contact us at 602-324-5300 right away. We’ll schedule that free consultation so you can explore your legal options and how to best defend against the charges.