Top Rated DUI Lawyer Buckeye Arizona
Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs has gained attention in recent year. To defend against DUI charges requires the best DUI lawyer in the Buckeye area that you can find. All of the attention is due to several causes. First, public information campaigns have been launched by many local and national agencies. Second, several instances have occurred in which high-profile individuals or young vehicle occupants were injured and killed. There are reports that DUI arrests are on the decline in Arizona. Enforcement of AZ State DUI laws remains tough, though. Even a first-time conviction can result in serious fines and mandatory jail time.
For this reason, you must be proactive and aggressive in responding to a DUI charge. It is possible to defeat a DUI charge. However, you must retain an experienced, superior DUI counsel in the Phoenix metro area to help. Going about a DUI defense by yourself is not a good idea. If you think you might be able to beat it and save the money, you will not want to go it alone. The chances are very high that you will not be successful. You don’t know the laws. You also don’t have the courtroom experience.
To make matters worse, you could actually get yourself into a ton of legal trouble. Be smart about this for yourself. Attorney Ulises Ferragut has successfully defended over 100 Arizona drivers charged with DUI and DUI-related offenses. Contact him immediately following a DUI charge. He will do everything possible to preserve your freedom and driving privileges. He accepts calls any hour of the day any day of the week!
Let Ulises Ferragut show you why he is the top rated DUI lawyer Buckeye Arizona can offer. He is known for his tough courtroom behavior and caring attitude toward his clients. He will do everything he can within the law to help you win your case.
Here are is a news story in Buckeye AZ regarding DUI and drunk driving for your reference.
Driving Under the Influence-Related Offenses in Buckeye Arizona
Driving under the influence is prohibited by Arizona laws. A majority of drivers charged with DUI are alleged to be under the influence of alcohol. The truth is there are a variety of substances that can render a person “DUI.” You can be found guilty of DUI if you are:
- Impaired in any manner or to any degree by any combination of things. This includes alcohol, liquor, drugs, or vapor-releasing substances.
- Found to have a breath or blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more. This occurs within 2 hours of the time you were last seen driving.
- Operating a truck or other commercial motor vehicle and have an breath or blood alcohol concentration of 0.04 or greater.
- Under 21 years old and have any “spirituous liquor” in your body.
- Found with an illegal drug or metabolite an illegal drug in your body.
There are additional facts which can result in enhanced penalties. For example, you can expect to pay a higher fine and be subject to more serious jail / prison sentences if any of the following apply to you:
- Your alcohol concentration is over 0.15 but less than 0.20 (called an “extreme DUI” offense).
- Your alcohol concentration is over 0.20 (called a “super extreme DUI” offense).
- You have previous convictions for DUI offenses.
- You were DUI while your license was suspended because of a DUI offense.
- You had children under the age of 15 in the car while you were DUI.
How could a police officer know if may be driving under the influence? The most telling trait would be if you were in an accident. When the police officer arrives on-scene, he or she will perform a sobriety check. If you act like you may have been drinking or under the influence of drugs, he or she will definitely begin a field sobriety test. Another way a police officer can tell would be during a routine traffic stop. Again, if he or she detects any possibility of inebriation, they will perform a field sobriety test.
A third way of a police officer detecting possible DUI driving is by someone driving erratically. This could include swerving off to the side of the road. Or they may not be able to maintain your vehicle in the lane properly. Have you been caught driving under the influence? You will need the toughest, most experienced, and top rated DUI lawyer Buckeye Arizona has to offer.
If there is any possibility that you could be driving UI we strongly recommend that you find someone to take you home. Ask a relative or a friend, or hail a cab or Uber/Lyft. The money you spend will be smart money.
Penalties for an Arizona DUI Offense
Potential penalties depend on how many DUI offense convictions you have within the previous seven years. Of even greater importance can be whether any aggravating factors were present. These penalties include fines, mandatory imprisonment, driver’s license suspension, and other costs and fees. Expect to receive:
- First offense (30 day to 1 year license revocation).
- DUI: 24 hours to 10 days in jail, $250 minimum fine.
- Extreme DUI: 30 to 90 days (consecutive) in jail, $250 minimum fine.
- Super Extreme DUI: 45 to 90 days (consecutive) in jail, $500 minimum fine.
- Second offense (1 year license revocation).
- DUI: 10 to 90 days in jail, $500 minimum fine.
- Extreme DUI: 120 days in jail (60 days must be served consecutively), $500 minimum fine.
- Super Extreme DUI: 180 days in jail (90 days must be served consecutively), $1,000 minimum fine.
- Third offense.
- 3 year driver’s license revocation.
- Four to 45 months in prison.
- Minimum fine of $750
You need a competent and skilled attorney. You want a top rated DUI lawyer Buckeye Arizona to offer to help you with any DUI charge.
Top Rated DUI Lawyer Buckeye Arizona
DUI offenses are difficult to defend against. The top rated DUI lawyer Buckeye offers can exploit any and all weaknesses in the government’s case against you. This can result in your charges being reduced or even dismissed. Attorney Ulises Ferragut Jr., and the team at the Ferragut Law Firm, have been extremely successful in helping OVER 100 people defend AND WIN against their alleged DUI crimes in Arizona. The Ferragut Law Firm team stands ready to help you as a DUI Lawyer Buckeye Arizona. Contact the tough, experienced, successful, reasonably priced and ultimately Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Buckeye Arizona at 602-324-5300 at any time – ask for your free consultation.
Need to see what else we help with? Take a look at our other practice areas.