Top-Rated Experienced DUI Lawyer Scottsdale Arizona
If you were caught driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol you are not alone. DUI has gained attention in recent years. This is a very serious issue that can cause you financial and personal grief for many years if not defended correctly.
You will want the top-rated experienced DUI lawyer Scottsale Arizona has to offer.
There are several reasons why DUI has sparked so much attention and therefore the punishments now are more severe. First, public information campaigns have been launched by many local and national agencies. Second, several instances have occurred in which high-profile individuals or young vehicle occupants were injured and killed. Even though there are reports that DUI is on the decline in Arizona, the penalties are still harsh due to the severe consequences and loss from drinking/drugging and driving.
You need to be aggressive and quick in responding to a DUI charge and not let it go by ignoring it.
You may be able to win in your DUI case by yourself. However, you really should retain an experienced, superior DUI counsel in the Scottsdale area to help. Working a DUI defense by yourself is not going to be good for you and you take the chance that you could make things much worse for yourself. Even if you think you can beat it, the actual chances are very high that you will not be successful. You don’t know the laws nor do you have the courtroom experience.
If you are not careful when trying to defend yourself, you could actually get yourself into a mess of legal issues. Seriously you want to act smart about this for yourself. Attorney Ulises Ferragut has defended over 100 Arizona drivers that were charged with DUI-related offenses and DUI. Call 602-324-5300 right after you have been charged so he has the opportunity to do everything he can to save you money both now and in the future as well as your driving privileges. You can call any hour of the day any day of the week!
Ulises Ferragut is the top-rated experienced DUI attorney Scottsdale Arizona can offer – give him a call – the call is free and there is no obligation. Ulises is known for his tough courtroom behavior and caring attitude toward his clients and he will do everything he can within the law to help you win your case.
Here are the Arizona Statutes regarding DUI and drunk driving for your reference.
Driving Under the Influence-Related Offenses in Arizona
Arizona laws prohibit Driving/Drugging Under the Influence (DUI). Most Arizona drivers charged with DUI are thought to be under the influence of alcohol. However, a variety of substances can actually render a person as “DUI.” You can be charged with DUI if you are:
- Impaired to any degree by any combination of substances. This includes liquor, drugs, alcohol, or vapor-releasing substances.
- If your breath or blood alcohol concentration is 0.08 or more. This occurs within 2 hours of the time you were last seen driving.
- If you are operating any commercial motor vehicle and you have an blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.04 or greater.
- If you are under 21 years old and found to have any “spirituous liquor” in your body.
- Found with an illegal drug or an illegal drug is metabolozing in your body.
Enhanced penalties may result from additional circumstances at the scene. For example, you will subject to more serious jail / prison sentences and pay greater fines if any of the following apply to you:
- Extreme DUI: Your alcohol concentration is over 0.15 but less than 0.20.
- Super Extreme DUI: Your alcohol concentration is over 0.20.
- You were found to have had previous convictions for DUI offenses.
- Your license was suspended because of a DUI offense and now have again been charged with DUI.
- Children under the age of 15 were in the car with you while you were DUI.
How could a police officer know if may be driving under the influence? Causing an accident or just being involved in an accident is one way that the police would get involved. A sobriety check would be the very first thing they would look for, especially if the accident was apparently caused by DUI driving (and they can definitely tell).
If you act like you may have been drinking or under the influence of drugs, you will definitely be subject to a field sobriety test. A routine traffic stop would be another way a police officer could tell if you were DUI in Scottsdale. Again, if he or she detects any possibility of inebriation, they will perform a field sobriety test.
Police officers can also detect possible DUI driving by someone driving erratically. Swerving off to the side of the road or not being able to maintain your vehicle in the lane properly are giveaways. Have you been caught driving under the influence? You will need the toughest, most experienced, and best DUI lawyer Scottsdale Arizona has to offer.
If there is any possibility that you could be driving UI we strongly recommend that you find someone to take you home. Ask a relative or a friend, or hail a cab or Uber/Lyft. The money you spend will be smart money.
Penalties for an Arizona DUI Offense
First time DUI has very severe penalties in Scottsdale Arizona. However, if this is more than one DUI charge in the last 7 years or if there were any aggravating factors present, the punishments for the DUI will be much more severe than that first-time offender. These penalties include fines, mandatory imprisonment, driver’s license suspension, and other costs and fees. Expect to receive:
- First offense (30 day to 1 year license revocation).
- DUI: 24 hours to 10 days in jail, $250 minimum fine.
- Extreme DUI: 30 to 90 days (consecutive) in jail, $250 minimum fine.
- Super Extreme DUI: 45 to 90 days (consecutive) in jail, $500 minimum fine.
- Second offense (1 year license revocation).
- DUI: 10 to 90 days in jail, $500 minimum fine.
- Extreme DUI: 120 days in jail (60 days must be served consecutively), $500 minimum fine.
- Super Extreme DUI: 180 days in jail (90 days must be served consecutively), $1,000 minimum fine.
- Third offense.
- 3 year driver’s license revocation.
- Four to 45 months in prison.
- Minimum fine of $750
You need a competent and skilled attorney. You want the top-rated experienced DUI lawyer Scottsdale Arizona has to offer to help you with any DUI charge.
Best DUI Lawyer Scottsdale Arizona
DUI offenses are difficult to defend against. The top-rated experienced DUI lawyer Scottsdale Arizona offers can expose all of the weaknesses in the government’s case against you. Your charges could be reduced or even dismissed when you hire the most experienced attorney for the job. Attorney Ulises Ferragut Jr. and the team at the Ferragut Law Firm have been extremely successful in helping OVER 100 people defend AND WIN against their alleged DUI crimes in Arizona.
The Ferragut Law Firm team stands ready to help you as a DUI attorney in Scottsdale Arizona. Contact the tough, experienced, successful, reasonably priced and ultimately top-rated experienced DUI lawyer Scottsdale Arizona at 602-324-5300 anytime
Need to see what else we help with? Take a look at our other practice areas.